PRAYER BOOKMARK FOR JUNE
MISSIONS OF THE MONTH - ACROSS AND MAHABBA NETWORK
ACROSS is supported by local churches in Woking and is part of the Mahabba Network, helping everyday Christians to share their faith with their Muslim neighbours.
· Join in praying for our Muslim friends during Ramadan (5/May - 4/Jun) using the 30 days of prayer for the Muslim World guide. Continue to pray as they celebrate Eid. Try to look for an opportunity to have a conversation with a Muslim.
· Across helps Christians in Woking to share faith across cultures. Pray for Riz, the Across Coordinator, for Phil the Regional Facilitator who connects with what is happening Nationally, and for Rachel who is part of the management committee.
· Mahabba Nationally has welcomed Steve Bell (author of Grace for Muslims & Friendship First) in to the National leadership team. Pray for him as he helps bring a new focus to the work of equipping everyday Christians to demonstrate love for their Muslim neighbours (Mahabba means love in Arabic).
CHRIST CHURCH EVENTS
· Pray for Peter and all the staff team as they continue to lead us.
· Whole Church Prayer Gathering - Tuesday 25th - pray that many of us will take these opportunities to come together in prayer.
· Gateway - continue to pray now that our planning application has now been submitted to Woking Borough Council.
· Lark in the Square - give thanks. Pray that we might all seek opportunities to share our faith with those around us each day.
· Flourish Womens’ Breakfast - Saturday 22nd - pray that many will come along & be blessed by this time together.
· Newcomers Welcome Tea - Sunday 23rd - pray that we will all continue to welcome newcomers well, so that everyone quickly become part of our community
PEOPLE WE KNOW
· Pray for the Cerveny’s for the tragic death of their 18-year old son Clay. Hold Gretchen and Frank in your prayers together with their other two children, Chas and Grace.
· Give thanks for the wonderful weekend away at BluePrint with our year 6-9’s. Pray that they are walking in their new identity in Christ, and are able to see more of how God has created them and walk in that.
· It’s exam season for many of our young people: there is a lot of pressure on young people during this time. Pray for those struggling with anxiety, and for the all the young people that follow Jesus that they can be salt and light to those around them.
· Give thanks for all those children who came to the kids club of lark.
· Pray for the year 6’s as they start their preparations for joining secondary school.
· Pray for the kids leaders that God will help teach the children about the fruits of the Spirit.
· Pray for the children for their continuing relationship with Jesus.